Respond to and resolve an incident
Your team will demonstrate their response, communication, investigation, resolution, and documentation of an unplanned outage in Jira Service Management (JSM) that is not customer-facing.
Product(s) in scope
Jira Service Management (Premium or Enterprise), Opsgenie, and Statuspage
Technical SME, Incident Manager, Problem Manager, Change Manager, Technical Lead, and Team Member
Make sure you select the appropriate service when creating an incident or alert.
Create an incident as an end-user from the portal.
1. As an agent, create an alert.
2. Acknowledge the alert.
(JSM will automatically create an incident.)
- Project settings > Notifications
1. Initiate the investigation by assigning/auto-routing to the concerned group or individual.
2. Investigate potential causes via incident investigation. Review timelines of deployment.
3. Add a bug in Jira Software if the incident is due to a bug.
4. Communicate with the development team.
5. Open a change request and link to the incident.
The resolution to the generic incident could take one or more of these paths.
Update the end-user with the related activity notifications.
1. Resolve the incident.
2. Close the related alert (if any).
Close the incident.
Was this content helpful?
Connect, share, or get additional helpAtlassian Community