How to create a risk board in Jira
- Identifying the risk.
- Analyzing each risk to determine its exposure (severity of impact).
- Identifying when the risk management began.
- Prioritizing the identified risks based on their exposure.
- Creating action plans (responses) to deal with high-priority risks.
- Continuous monitoring and follow-up to ensure that action plans are mitigating the risks.
To complete the following, you'll either need Jira admin privileges, or you'll need to work with your local Jira admin.
- Create a risk issue type.
- Create a workflow with the following statuses. Each status should be able to transition to the others:
- Create a screen within the respective schemes containing the following fields:
- Issue type
- Linked issues
- Add additional custom fields as needed (optional).
- Create a Kanban board to manage risks.
- Create a filter that includes all risks in the respective project (be sure that the filter is shared with the viewers).
- Create a new Kanban board based on the risk filter.
- In the Kanban board configuration, map each risk status to a column.
- Various apps offer advanced capabilities for risk management. If you need more than the Jira out-of-the-box customization capabilities, you can explore the Atlassian Marketplace.
Was this content helpful?
Connect, share, or get additional helpAtlassian Community